I placed an order online with Hobbytron in Jan. 2009 for 2 radio control cars. They sent the order out slowly after several weeks of waiting. One car was substituted for something else and both were impossible to use because one was shipped with accessories meant for Europe 240 volt plugs and the other had parts missing, the nicad battery of incorrect type and size, etc. Obviously they shipped a bunch of low-end junk, not caring if it worked or not. I tried to call for days and nobody answered. Finally a woman answered and gave me an RMA number. I took the cars to their unmarked warehouse location and told them to refund everything. Even with the RMA number they issued, they refused, and nothing was used; it was in the same condition as they sent it me. I left the cars in their warehouse and took photos of their employee with the merchandise. They refused to issue a receipt or a refund. I left and assured them I would imitate a charge-back with my credit card. Their employees shouted threats, insults, and obscenities at us as we departed.
I went thru the dispute process with my WaMu credit card and they issued me back my credit. Unfortunately Chase took over WaMu bank after a few months and Hobbytron asked them to put the charge back on my bill, and they did, despite a written decision issued by WaMu in my favor. I contacted Chase's dispute department many times about this issue and they never did anything except give me a run-around. They promised to send me letters and forms, they promised to investigate, they didn't do anything except stall and insist the payment remain. In the meantime I noticed in the Chase Rewards part of their website, that Hobbtron had become an advertiser and partner there. Sweet deal for them! Two fraudulent customer abusers becoming best buddies!
My recommendation is to avoid Hobbytron! The company cares only that you send them payment, and cares not at all if you get what you ordered or if it works.
Also, avoid Chase credit cards and banks. Customer service is the last thing on their mind. I intend to take my business elsewhere, and you would be wise to avoid them too. Don't wait until you have a problem that you need their help to resolve. I found out too late that they treat good honest customers poorly and they seem to prefer to side with dishonest merchants.
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased furniture with a tag that reads, hobby lobby warehouse reorder furniture $149.99. Furniture Always 30% off, Your price is $104.99 . My 40% coupon was refused at their..."
- "So back in October 23 2012 i got into this website because i was sure it would be safe because it has a YOUTUBE channel "HRH COLLECTION", oh well silly..."
- "Ordered a Mother's Day bundle that came with shampoo and conditioner. Gave it to my mom who didn't open the box until a couple months later. Turns out the conditioner..."
- "August 2005 I moved to a home known as 24XXX Cruise Circle Dr. Canyon Lake, CA. 92587. In February 2007 I purchased the home. In 2010 my mortgage company GMAC..."
- "We purchased our Siena in February of 2016. It was in pretty decent overall shape but a few of the decals are faded and there is a stain on the..."
- "This fall as paderes have employees having sex in the fitting room the managers laugh at there employees n the people the interview they laughing at them they have no..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."